Filed under: asthma, cancer, Child Safety, Environment, Home Business, Living Green, Mulit-vitamins, Stop Global Warming, supplements, vitamins | Tags: asthma, baby boomers, be your own boss, cancer, carbon neutral, Child Safety, Earth Day, health, Home Business, Living Green, MLM business, nutrition, part time income, Shaklee, Stop Global Warming, supplements, vitamins, women entrepreneurs, work at home
Will you make a decision to turn a deeper shade of green on April 22nd?
I’ve been scrambling to help my green business owners get ready for Earth Day 2008. In a Shaklee home business, April is a month of celebration as people focus on becoming a deeper shade of green. Coincidentally, Shaklee has also kicked off a campaign to support women entrepreneurs build wealth with Shaklee. April is winding up to be a GREAT month and the best yet for our business in 2008!
I own a consulting practice that has been on coast since I found the greenest company I know and hung up my Shaklee shingle. I talked with a former business associate today. She has some project management work in Mexico City they need help with. “Would you fly every week?” she asked. And then I thought about all that carbon footprint from jet fuel. “No, I would come back perhaps every three weeks.”
The IT and Financial corporate clients that I have spent my career assisting have lost the appeal that once drew me to the business. I found myself thinking “But what about my new Gold Ambassador needing my help to get her business off the ground?” She’s a stay at home Mom of four young children and preparing for the financial storm of change coming to her and her children.
Our Chiropractor has introduced Shaklee supplementation and non-toxic products into his practice. We’re planning an Open House to the public on April 22nd. We will educate about the dangers of 83,000 untested chemicals on store shelves and the health consequences when we choose to bring them into our homes. I thought, “I won’t be able to help with the event and ensure it’s success. ”
Then that small inner voice said to me, “But I’ve never been to Mexico City… Hey… Shaklee is in Mexico and people can earn income and switch to safe Shaklee products there.” My mind continued with the “Pros” and “Cons” checklist of “Should I go or should I stay.”
Meanwhile, my husband voiced his concerns that I could be kidnapped by one of the taxi-cab drivers that are famous for taking tourists to ATM’s and emptying their bank account. He is always concerned for me when I travel and of course we spent 12 long years living separately. It’s been the best part of our life together since we started our Shaklee business. I thought, “Do I really want to worry him that way?”
And then I thought about my grandsons. One of the biggest reasons that I am so concerned about our planet’s future. I would miss out on their most precious growth – right now they are 10 months and 3 years. Ethan runs to have Mamaw hug him and Edison grins with that one bottom tooth and giggles when he catches my attention. “How can I live without my family again? What would life be like without them?”.
My daughter needs me right now too. She is so relieved to have me watch the boys when she must be away. Daycare is something the kids have not experienced and we are so grateful that we can help with their care when she needs us. “What would she do if I’m not here to watch the boys and listen to her when she needs support and love from another mother – her mother?” I thought.
Can you guess what my decision is? Yip… I’m hook, line, and sinker commited to continuing on the path of my new career. You may be asking, “Are you crazy?” What about all that money you can make with a consulting business?” I will tell you what MY goals for a better life include…
1. Help people become financially independent and money wise with a Shaklee business. I know when I help others get everything they need in life, I’ll have everything I could ever want in mine.
2. Bring health to people through public education about the consumer dangers that lurk in the market today and help them switch to Shaklee pure and safe products . Shaklee has never had a product recall.
3. Remain “Carbon Neutral” through offset projects and working from home with Shaklee which has been “Carbon Neutral Certified” since 2002.
4. Educate parents about child safety. Through education and product choices, my goal is to interrupt the startling statistic of childhood asthma which has increased by 166% in recent years and women that work in the home are dying at a rate 54% higher than average from terminal cancer. The Toronto Clean Air Institute sites typical household cleaners and chemicals as the cause.
5. Replace my consulting practice income within 5 years with my Shaklee business. In 2006, Master Coordinators AVERAGE PUBLISHED 1099 earnings were $286,000. The Gold Ambassador program is averaging $30,000 in additional income to Masters. We are using methods that will move the needle forward to that and beyond for us personally and our team.
6. Stay in the race for the long haul. I am commited to building our business now so we can enjoy residual income in a few short years. The plate is set – Baby Boomers Want Shaklee Health and Nutrition, the Green Wave is Here, and Shaklee is expanding to 43 more countries in the next 7 years.
I am so blessed to have found such a wonderful and rewarding new life. It is true what Roger Barnett, our CEO says, I can “Do Well by Doing Good”.
Ninety percent of people want a home business. How about you? Do you want to join me and build a future that will fulfill your dreams for a better life? Would you like to align your financial future with your convictions? Are you anxious to hedge against the financial pressures of a faltering economy? Do you have a loved one that is chronically sick and in need of better health? Are you concerned about your children’s future and the possibility that global warming may affect them in a dramatic way?
You can be part of the solution this Earth Day 2008. No one person can do everything but everyone can do something. Join us as a business owner or member and be part of the Shaklee family. Happy Earth Day 2008!
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment